2018 is finally here. Whether 2017 was the best year of your life or if the struggle was real, it’s time to embrace a brand new year and everything it has to offer you! The best way to start your year? An amazing new year resolution!
New year resolutions can be intimidating, but they don’t have to be! It’s important to realize a few things in regards to your resolution(s):
- You can have one or you can have twenty! New year resolutions are meant to better you and your year. If you need ten to feel satisfied or just need one, then that’s okay!
- It’s important not to overwhelm yourself. If you have a resolution that’s hard to attain, make a map of sorts and write down all the steps necessary to reach it. If you have a lot of resolutions on the first day, it’s okay to drop some that may feel unattainable. There’s nothing wrong with changing your resolutions up after New Year’s Day!
- Keep you and your happiness in mind. Like I said, resolutions are meant to better you and your year. If the resolution is going to hurt you in the long run or you’re doing it to make someone else happy, drop it! It’s never a good idea to go into a new year already dreading what’s in store. So make resolutions that positively impact you!
I’ll be including a list of my resolutions for 2018 for inspiration! I organized them by daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly! I hope that it inspires all of you to make a list that makes you happy!
- Drink plenty of water.
- Spend time with a friend or sister.
- Take a nightly group fitness class.
- Find time during your week to call or text a friend or family member and check up on them.
- Read one book.
- Leave people that have wronged or hurt you in the past in 2017.
- Take better care of yourself, both physically and mentally.
- Read 12 books (maybe more).
I hope that this helps some of you to start your year off right! Make 2018 the best it can possibly be!